Jesper Olesen was born in 1966, holds a Master in Political Science and has been employed as University Director since the 1 May 2015.
The University Director reports directly to Rector and has the responsibility for four divisions in the Central Administration: University Finance, University IT, HR and Campus Service. Every division is run by a deputy director, who reports directly to the University Director.
Jesper Olesen was administrative director in the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth from 2011 and until he came to the University of Copenhagen. As the administrative director Jesper Olesen was e.g. responsible for the ministry’s corporate management and organizational development, the transverse financial management and HR. Prior to this Jesper Olesen has employed several administrative management positions, including positions in the Finance Agency and in the Danish Ministry of Finance and Business.
- 2011-2015: Administrative director, the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth.
- 2004-2011: Administrative director, the Danish Ministry of Finance and Business.
- 2002-2004: Administrative manager / head of a secretariat, the administrative community/ the Finance Agency, The Danish Ministry of Finance.
- 1998-2002: Chief consultant / management consultant, the Danish Ministry of Research / The Danish Ministry of Science.
- 1995-1998: Principal, the Danish Ministry of Finance.
- 1993-1995: Principal, Rigsrevisionen (the Danish Supreme Audit Institution).
- 1992: a Master in Political Sciences.